Growing up in New York, I loved the griddled corn muffins you could get in diners. You could also get a cup of lousy coffee for a dime. This recipe takes the griddled corn muffin to a very special place. *If you are using the medicated cornbread, use regular butter for the sautéing unless you want that double dose. #Nojudgement
Cornbread – 12 Servings
What You’ll Need:
• Baking spray
• ½ cup cornmeal
• 1 ½ cups flour
• ¾ cups sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons non-GMO canola oil
• 4 tablespoons canna-butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 1/3 cups whole milk
1. Heat oven to 340° F.
2. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan, or 9 inch loaf pan,
and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder,
4. Add the oil, butter, honey, eggs, and milk.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 4 teaspoons canna-butter*
• 4 slices cornbread, recipe above
• 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
• 1 cup mixed seasonal fruit
1. In a large nonstick skillet melt the butters. When foaming, add the cornbread and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sauté on the other side.
2. Place the cornbread on four plates. Top with the yogurt and fruit.
Laurie Wolf is the author of such cannabis cookbooks as Marijuana Edibles, HERB, The Medical Marijuana Dispensary, and Cooking with Cannabis. Her recipes have been featured in High Times, Dope Magazine, Culture, and more. She is also the founder of Laurie + MaryJane, an edible company offering everything from almond truffle bites to vegan chocolate cookies.